12 Jul OINKING AMAZING ONION RINGS!
Prep Time: 0.10 Hours
Total Time: 1.10 Hours
Servings 4 Person(s)
- Large onions, peeled and sliced into thick discs, centres removed to form ‘rings’ (You’ll get about 3 rings from a large onion)
- Smoked Scamorza or a firm mozzarella cheese
- Dry cured streaky bacon, 2 - 3 slices per ring
- A good shake of The General BBQ Seasoning
- A generous splosh of Voodoo Mango
Prepare the onions as above, separate the layers of onion and stuff thin slices of the cheese in between. Wrap the onion rings with the bacon and dust with The General.
Cook over indirect heat at 300˚f for about an hour, adding a chunk of your favourite smoking wood to the hot coals.
Voodoo Mango is the perfect sauce to accompany these onion rings. Dip or drizzle then apply to face!