20 Feb Brunswick Beef & Ale Pie
We are delighted to have recently partnered up with Miss Piggy’s BBQ, who have brought you this delicious beef & ale pie recipe featuring Angus & Oink products:
Here at Miss Piggy’s bbq HQ we share a similar passion with the guys at Angus & Oink, we love to ‘experiment’. A lot of experiments involve mixing some ‘traditional’ British food with some U.S.A. style BBQ dishes, we have enjoyed on our many trips to compete ‘stateside’.
Our favourite ‘experiment is Brunswick Beef Brisket and Ale Pie. The wonderful taste of Brunswick stew made with left over BBQ beef brisket meets our very own Beef and Ale pie. A match made in BBQ heaven! This is a similar recipe that gained 2nd place in the ‘cooking from the homelands’ category at the 2016 Jack Daniels World bbq championships.
- 2lbs (or so) left over beef brisket point, pre-seasoned with Angus & Oink ‘Moo-Mami’ and our own ‘Cowpat’ rub cut into bite sized chunks
- 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1tsp Onion powder
- 8 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1/2 Cup of Pitboss BBQ sauce or PigSwill BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 Cup of Rampant Angus ketchup
- 1/2 Cup regular ketchup
- 2-3 Cups diced potatoes
- 2 Cans of creamed corn
- 5 Carrots roughly chopped
- 1 Green bell pepper chopped
- 1 Onion roughly chopped
- Handful of mushrooms (added later in cook to prevent over cooking)
- 1 bottle of A&O Tomahawk Beer
- 1 pint of good beef stock
- Salt pepper and hot sauce to taste
- Puff pastry (either make your own or cheat and buy one like we did)
Put everything except the pastry into a large stock pot and if extra fluid is needed top up to cover ingredients with water. Bring to boil and cook on medium heat to cook veg and reduce fluid and thicken sauce. This can take up to 4 hours depending how thick you like it. Remember to taste and adjust seasoning.
Serve into pie dishes and top with pastry. Pop into a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees C for 20-30 mins (until crust is browned).
Who ate all the pies?
Miss Piggy’s is a multi-award winning competitive ‘U.S.A.’ style BBQ team and caterer based in Leicestershire U.K. Read more about them here, or by following them on social media here: